Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
The Essex Eagles are hoping to stand out in the Royal London Cup this Thursday, with the Kent Spitfires making the trip over the River Thames to the Cloud County Ground.
Anthony McGrath’s side are still looking for their first 50-game win of the campaign, after a washout against Lancashire and back-to-back defeats to Derbyshire and Northamptonshire Steelbacks.
Door opening hours:
The Royal London Cup has shared opening times and will run from 12.30pm for members and 1pm for non-members via the main entrance on New Writtle Street or the Tees River Gate which is the furthest entrance. close to Chelmsford town center and Chelmsford bus/ Gares.
Expected hours of play:
Launch: 1:30 p.m.
First rounds: 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Second round: 6 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
Admission and match tickets for members:
The Royal London Cup is part of the 2022 membership and members must scan their card at the door.
We encourage supporters to buy tickets before the game to speed up your entry to the pitch and also to save you money with a saving of £5 on Adult tickets – £15 Adults (£20 on the door), £10 Students/ Young Adults (18-25) and £5 Juniors (U18).
These can be purchased online via the following link or alternatively over the phone (01245 254010)/in person at Cloud County Ground.
Tickets will also be available at the gates from 1pm and these are strictly card sales only. Post-interval tickets are available, priced at £12 for adults, £5 for students/young adults (18-25) and £1 for juniors (U18).
The Cloud County Ground is a cashless ground, which includes the purchase of tickets at the gates, timecards at the gates, and food and beverage purchases in the Doug Insole Pavilion and lobbies. Learn more – here
Please note that the Essex Cricket Store is the only on-site location that accepts cash payments.
Scorecards will be available from the Essex Cricket Store for £1.
Spaces are located at Cloud County Ground and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Accessible seating can be found in the Hayes Close End of the ground with a wheelchair accessible platform located in Block 1 of the Tom Pearce Stand.
Caregivers can enter the field with a companion ticket which is free. This is on presentation at the Membership and Ticket office or on the door with proof of Personal Independence Payment (PIP) or Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for those under 16 years of age.
We can also accept a Blue Badge and an access card.
Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located behind the main dashboard (red area), behind the Doug Insole Pavilion (blue area), and next to block 25 at County Corner (green area).
Before your visit:
We want to make sure that the supporters are all ready to visit the pitch. COVID-19 safety measures have been removed for the 2022 season, but spectators are asked to wear face masks in seated areas and while walking around the hall if they wish.
In the event of inclement weather on match day, please keep yourself informed of game prospects via the Club’s Twitter and Facebook channels or from our automated telephone line on 01245 254049.
• Spectators traveling by car will need to find public parking near the field as there is no on-site parking available at Cloud County Ground.
• The High Chelmer multi-level will be open late for this game and will close at 11pm.
• Meteor Way will be open to members and open three hours prior to the start of play and on a first come, first served basis.
• Chelmsford Bus Station is located on Duke Street, next to Chelmsford Rail Station, with connections throughout the county. Alternatively, the number 42 and 100 buses, which are operated by First Group, stop on New London Road, which is about a two-minute walk from the Ground, via New Writtle Street.
• Chelmsford station is operated by Greater Anglia and is approximately a 10 minute walk from The Cloud County Ground. Regular direct trains depart from Chelmsford for London, Stratford, Shenfield, Romford, Colchester, Ipswich and Norwich. Chelmsford is located on the main line between Liverpool Street and Norwich.
Entrance to the ground:
Spectators can enter the ground through the main gate located on New Writtle Street or through the Tees River Gate.
• Members-only areas for the Royal London Cup include the Doug Insole Pavilion, Pavilion Benches, Tom Pearce Upper Stand and MDS Civil Engineering Upper Stand.
• The Doug Insole Pavilion is open to members upon presentation of a valid membership card and accessible by entering the grounds through the main door.
• Members are not required to pre-book a game ticket and can enter by scanning their membership card on the door. If you require a replacement pass, please contact the Membership and Ticketing Office prior to the match to arrange a replacement or it may cause entry delays for you and other spectators.
• Admission to this match is included with 2022 membership and encourages members to arrive early to secure their desired seat. All places for Royal London Cup matches are unassigned and will be available on a first come, first served basis.
General public placement:
• Fans who have purchased tickets can enter the pitch by scanning the QR of your tickets that was sent to you by e-mail following your purchase. If you choose to print your ticket, please ensure match details (including name and seat details) are included as per the image below. Make sure you have your match ticket available on your phone or printed out so it is easily accessible for ticket scanning on arrival. Please do not “screenshot” your QR code as this will not be read by scanners.
• Ticket holders for this match are welcome to be seated in all areas of the pitch except for the Doug Insole Pavilion, Pavilion Benches, Tom Pearce Upper Stand and MDS Civil Engineering Upper Stand .
• If rain is forecast on match day, spectators may bring a small umbrella in the ground but metal tipped umbrellas are not permitted.
Around the ground:
• Spectators are invited to enter the field during intermission when they are instructed by a public address system or by a member of the Club’s stewardship team. Please follow the directions for specific areas permitted to enter and respect the playing surface. Spectators are encouraged to play on the outfield, but please use softballs.
• Spectators are permitted to move behind the Doug Insole Pavilion, but please respect the players’ area and the catwalk.
• The Club Shop and Membership and Ticket Office will be open to spectators for the duration of your visit.
• The Peter Edwards Museum and Library is located on site, next to the Essex Cricket Store and will be open for the duration of the match.
• If you encounter antisocial or discriminatory behavior while visiting Cloud County Ground, please contact your nearest steward. Alternatively, you can email [email protected] or text “CROWD” including your booth and number to 60066.
• The Doug Insole Pavilion will once again welcome members through its doors and will serve a wide range of hot and cold beverages at the bar. A selection of snacks will also be available for purchase.
• Anne’s Pantry will offer a selection of home-cooked meals, cakes/snacks and beverages at its refreshment kiosks located in Hayes Close End and River End.
They will serve a range of meals to suit all dietary requirements, including vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free, as well as portions for children.
• Other refreshment kiosks include bar areas located at either end of the field in County Corner and Spinner’s Bar.
• Spectators can bring food and drink into the ground for this fixture. A limit of four cans of beer/lager or one bottle of wine per person, but there are strictly no glasses or sharp objects allowed in the floor.
• Please note that The Cloud County Ground is now a cashless ground for 2022, so be sure to bring an appropriate form of payment for your visit.
Leaving the ground:
At the end of the day of play, we ask that spectators leave the field in a safe and patient manner. Stewards will be on hand to help you get off the ground safely.
We hope you have an enjoyable visit to Cloud County Ground and that further information regarding the match, including team announcements and a full match preview will be available on essexcricket.org.uk ahead of the match.
Email us if you have any further questions. [email protected] or through the Club’s official Twitter and Facebook channels.
Watch the action in motion
Our live stream returns for the 2022 season with multi-angle ball tracking, replays and commentary courtesy of BBC Essex. Head to the Essex Cricket Matchzone to watch the action live before the draw, as well as view an interactive scorecard, stats and individual match highlights.
>> Visit Matchzone
Legislative changes for 2022:
A number of new cricket rules have been introduced for professional play in 2022 which can be viewed here