Jhe Kent Street Activity Center Sing A Long group meets every Tuesday afternoon at 1pm throughout the summer. This social group invites anyone who likes to sing in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere to come and visit. Non-members can sing three times before purchasing their membership. For more information on Sing A Long or any other activity group at the Kent Street Activity Center, drop by the center to pick up an activity schedule or view it online at whiterockcity.ca/seniors
• The Kent Street Activity Center is looking for someone to oversee the operation of the café. This paid cook position will work with a team of volunteers to prepare a variety of delicious and healthy food options and frozen meals, for special events and to serve and sell at the cafe. Hours are Monday through Friday. If you love the kitchen, the restaurant experience, and the ability to lead and oversee an amazing team of volunteers, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact Dianne at 604-541-2236 or [email protected] for more information.
• Is it too hot to exercise outside? Head to the White Rock Community Center and finish your cardio and weight training in air-conditioned comfort. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• A new summer excursion is offered on August 24 at the Brooksdale Environmental Center in A Rocha. Enjoy a morning workshop to learn new tips and tricks for gardening in small spaces, followed by lunch surrounded by the beautiful scenery the center has to offer. This trip is made possible through a community grant from the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• On Tuesday, July 19 at 1 p.m., join Mary Lou Rust for a free Zumba Gold class at the Kent Street Activity Centre. The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table has partnered with White Rock Recreation and Culture to offer a Zumba Gold workshop once a month until August 9th. A great introduction to Zumba! To register, call 604-531-9400 ext. 220.
• Enjoy the refreshing mountain air in Squamish as you ride the Sea-to-Sky Gondola with stunning views of Howe Sound. This July 25 excursion for more than 55 people includes admission, guided tour, and transportation. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• It’s Zumba time outdoors all July and August at Centennial Park. Register now for the Zumba Gold class on Wednesday or Friday morning. Pre-recorded drop-in is also available. Call 604-541-2199 to reserve your spot or online at whiterockcity.ca/seniors.
• Volunteer drivers are needed to take seniors on day trips this summer and fall. Enjoy free meals and admission to a variety of fun destinations such as Salt Spring Island, Theater Under the Stars, Lonsdale Quay and more. Class 2 or 4 driver’s license required. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Center located at 1475 Kent Street is open to people 55 years of age and older. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities, please call the Center at 604-541-2231.